Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Knitting for charity

Well, I am still learning about this Html crap. I tried like the dickens to get a button on my side bar for Knit Unto Others to have an active link, but I just couldnt figure out how to do it. I got the button...I got a link...I just couldn't figure out how to make the button BE the link.

Any way, I am getting together a few folks, including my daughters, to knit for various charities this fall. Not a huge thing, but I like the idea that we can spend a little bit of time making something that will help people in need. (Yes, I know there are lots of other ways we could help too, but this feels more active than just donating money...which we are doing as well.)

We are knitting for Caps to the Capital a project run by Save the Children and the Red Scarf Project which created care packages for kids who have "graduated" from the foster care system.

The coolest thing is the way that W and K are really digging the idea of making hats for the little babies! They are working with the "Knifty Knitter" looms, which are much easier for little hands than trying to manage real knitting needles. They both work at their projects when they are hanging out waiting for class at Kung-fu or when they are watching TV...It is super cute!!

I am currently working on my Red Scarf using this free pattern. I am also working on a couple of things for myself...A cool lace wrap called Cozy and the sleeves for my blue cardi (which is turning out quite different than i expected, but I think like it!). I really want to get started on another sweater, but think I better finish at least one of these projects before I move on to something else!

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Lucyarrington said...

sweetie, you shouldn't say words like crap on the intenet! What will people think? I didn't raise you to swear like that!

4:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Was that really your mom chadstising you for that raunchy c word? Funny! Must be where you get it from. I stopped by because I liked your STR contest entry!
Good Luck! I can't figure out those buttons either :(

10:55 PM  
Blogger Marina said...

You need to put the sites location, http://zeneedle.typepad.com/knituntoothers/ after the a href= like this :

[a href="http://zeneedle.typepad.com/knituntoothers/"][img style="FLOAT: left; MARGIN: 0px 10px 10px 0px; CURSOR: hand" alt="" src="http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/7460/3691/320/knituntoothersbutton.jpg" border="0" /][/a]

change all the [] to <>, 3 sets in total.

1:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home